If the review report contains remarks and requirements to revise the paper, it is assigned to the authors for revision together with the review report. It takes no longer than two weeks for the authors to submit the revised paper after receiving the paper. The revised paper is assigned to the reviewer. The conclusion about the extent of accounting the reviewer comments by the authors and the decision about the possibility to publish the revised paper should be submitted by the reviewer within a week after receiving the paper. In the case of publication of the revised paper, the dates of submission of the original and revised papers are indicated.
In certain cases the paper can be assigned to two reviewers by decision of the editorial board.
Review reports are submitted in duplicate and are stored in the editorial office for 5 years.
The final decision to publish or to reject the paper lies with the editorial board. Papers with positive review reports (original or revised) are considered by the editorial board for including them in the forthcoming issue of the journal. Each paper is presented at the editorial board meeting by a member of the editorial board (specialist in the field). At this stage, the paper can be assigned to additional reviewing with further reconsideration.
Separately, the editorial board considers papers with negative review reports. The journal editorial office sends the copies of review reports and motivated rejection to the authors of submitted paper, and also obliged to send copies of review reports to the Ministry of Education and Science if the request is obtained.
Accepted papers are edited by scientific and literature editors. Editorial corrections of the title or considerable changes in the text of the paper are allowable provided that the author agrees with them.
TsAGI Science Journal
SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
- Uchenye zapiski TsAGI accepts original research papers within the scope of the journal topics which have not been published previously.
- The paper should be submitted in duplicate with a cover letter containing the author’s request for publication of the paper and the permission to publish obtained at the institute where this study was performed. The original paper should be signed by the author (each of the coauthors) with indication of his full name, postal personal address, affiliation, and telephone number. Electronic files of the paper should be submitted as well.
- In accordance with the copyright law, the oral copyright agreement between the editorial board of Uchenye Zapiski TsAGI and the author (authors) should be made. According to this agreement, when submitting the paper for publication in the journal the author (authors) automatically transfers (transfer) the rights to its publication in Russian and English translation (TsAGI Science Journal). Each author is granted by a journal with its paper.
- The originally submitted paper should be supplemented with English translation of the following parts: title, full names of the authors, abstract, and key words.
- The text of the paper should be in Word’s .docx format. The text format should be
14-pointtype on Times New Roman, double-spaced. The paper should contain no more than 30 pages and 15 figures.
- The text should be preceded by the following data: UDC identifier, title of the article, author surnames and initials (the initials are placed in front of the surname and are separated by a hard space from it (Ctrl + Shift + space); the family names of the authors should be arranged in alphabetical order), a brief abstract (it is preferable for the abstract to have no formulas and special symbols), and key words. At the end of the text, the main results should be listed in brief in Conclusions.
- The first line of each paragraph should be indented, the indent is equal to 0.7 cm; the inter-paragraph spacing is zero. Equations are typed in Мiсrоsоft Equation or MathType. Roman boldface type is used for vectors, matrices, and tensors rather than bars or arrows above the symbol. Only conventional abbreviations are allowed in the text. Equations are numbered sequentially and not by section. Only those formulas should be numbered that are cited in the subsequent text.
- Figures are submitted in separate files. TIFF, JPEG, or EPS formats are preferable for figures. The resolution of photos should be of 300 dpi of higher (i.e., about 2000 pixels for a 16-cm-width figure). Variations in lettering within figures should be avoided. Text/symbols within the figure must be at least a size 9 point after rescaling to the final publication format. All figures must be cited in the text in numerical order. The number of the figure or table cited for the first time in the text is entered in the margin. Figure captions are listed in a separate file. Illustrations and figures should not be embedded in the MS Word file.
- Tables are placed in the text; the words in the tables should not be abbreviated.
- Symbol „.” (point) should be used in decimal numbers in the text and in figures.
- References in the text are cited in square brackets and are numbered sequentially. References to unpublished materials are not allowed. The reference list is placed at the end of the paper. Each reference is typed as follows: surname and initials of the author (authors), full title of the paper (monograph), title of the journal where the article has been published, publisher and publisher’s location (for monographs), year of publication, volume number, issue number, and pages.
REVIEW PROCESS AND PUBLICATION
- Each paper submitted for publication in Uchenye zapiski TsAGI is initially evaluated by the journal Editor-in-Chief or Associate Editor and then obligatory assigned to a confidential reviewing with the purpose of expert evaluation.
- All reviewers among the researchers at TsAGI and other organizations are the recognized experts in the fields of the reviewed papers, and they had publications over the last three years in the fields of the reviewed papers.
- It takes for the reviewer a month after the receipt of the manuscript to provide the review report. The review report should contain:
- Definite conclusion about the paper originality;
- Specific commentaries, remarks about deficiencies, mistakes, etc.;
- Recommendations on possible contraction of the text and number of figures;
- Validation of the decision to publish, to require revision before publication, or to reject the paper;
- Overall evaluation of the paper (excellent, good, or satisfactory) in the case of the decision to publish the paper.