Ìain technical parameters
|Flow velocity||10–55 m/s|
|Reynolds number per 1 m||up to 3.8*106|
|Dynamic pressure||up to 1.9 kPa|
|Angle of attack (α)||-16°-40°|
|Side slip angle(β)||±26°|
|Test section dimensions:|
|Cross section area (elliptical)||4.0 õ 2.33 m|
|Test section length||4 m|
T-102 is a continuous-operation, closed-layout wind tunnel with two reverse channels and an open test section designed to investigate aerodynamic characteristics of aircraft models at take-off, landing and low-speed flight.
Two fans, each driven by a constant-current electric motor of 250 kW, generate the flow. The main types of measurements are performed with electric-mechanical balance. Computerized measurement- and-control complex enables data monitoring, acquisition, registration, and result processing during the experiment.
Models with wing area up to 0.8 m2, wing span up to 2.5 m, and length up to 2.5 m are tested in the wind tunnel.
The following types of tests can be carried out in T-102:
- determination of total aerodynamic characteristics, including simulation of ground effect and engine operation, using six-component electric-mechanical balance;
- determination of total and local aerodynamic loads on model elements, including hinge moments of control systems, using oneor multi-component balance;
- measurement of pressure distribution along a model surface throughout electric models;
- investigations of downwash and stagnation of the flow behind the model;
- investigations of the models with cool compressed-air simulation of turbo jets;
- visualization of the flow on the model surface using tufts, oils and etc.
Above mentioned capabilities of T-102 wind tunnel are used for experimental research of different-application aircraft models during 70 years.