PS-10 Flight Simulator with a Spherical Screen
Date of initial operation: 1988
The flight simulator PS-10 is designed to simulate the flight of maneuverable manually or automatically piloted airplanes, fulfilling specific missions, and to train pilot personnel.
Fixed position, single-seat, similar to an airplane cockpit regarding geometry, interior and view angles, the external space with standard flight instruments and Head-up Display.
Central control column and pedals with a spring system of load application and trimming mechanism, two engines control levers.
- With a projection on a spherical screen of 8 m in diameter, horizontal view of 330 degrees and vertical field of view from – 45 to + 90 degrees;
- Shadow wide-angle projector “Earth-Sky” with a point light source and a transparency provides for a non-distorted screen image of the horizon line, sky and Earth surface from the altitude of few kilometers;
- Opt-television projector with a picture tube of high brightness reproduces a schematic all-aspects image of the second airplane in the entire pilot’s field of view;
- Laser visualization system can reproduce contour images of the third airplane, missile, etc., in any screen point.
Digital-Analogue Computer Complex Consists of:
- Upper level computer;
- 5 lower level computers;
- Interface device (50 channels of Digital-Analogue Transducer, 20 channels of Analogue-Digital Transducer, 5digital-channel input/output for communication with the Head-up Display).