Wind tunnel T-103
|Flow velocity||10–80 m/s|
|Reynolds number per 1 m||up to 5.5*106|
|Dynamic pressure||up to 4.0 kPa|
|Angle of attack (α)||-16°-54°|
|Side slip angle(β)||±24°|
|Test section dimensions:|
|Cross section area (elliptical)||4.0 х 2.33 m|
|Test section length||3.8 m|
The main types of tests are performed with the use of an electricmechanical balance mounted on a special platform. Different physicalinvestigations are carried out in addition to weight tests.
Computerized measurement-and-control complex enables monitoring, data acquisition and processing during the experiment. Models with wing area up to 0.8 m2, wing span up to 2.5 m, and length up to 2.5 m are tested in the wind tunnel.
The following types of tests can be carried out in T-103:
- aerodynamic characteristics measurements, including simulation of ground effect and engine operation, with the use of the sixcomponent electric-mechanical balance;
- strain-gauge measurement of aerodynamic loads on control surfaces carried out separately or simultaneously with the balance measurements of full model;
- measurement of model?s surface throughout electric modules;
- investigations of the velocity field near the model;
- different means of visualization of the flow on the model surfaceand near it;
- investigations of static and dynamic aeroelasticity using special models;
- investigations of the trajectory of the dynamically-similar model separation;
- measurements of aerodynamic damping coefficients on a special test bench for rotation derivative measurements;
- testing the models with cool-compressed-air simulation of turbo jets;
- investigations of flow in air inlet channels.
During 70 years the above mentioned capabilities of T-103 have been used for experimental investigations of flight vehicles of different purposes. T-103 wind tunnel plays a unique role when developing prototype layouts of domestic aircraft and their further improvement.