Wind tunnel T-109
|Flow M number||0.4…4.0|
|Re number per 1 m||up to 60×106|
|Total pressure||80…560 kPa|
|Angle of attack (α)||–5°…15°|
|Side slip angle (β)||–9°…3°|
|Run duration||up to 15 min|
|Test section dimensions:|
|Cross section area||2.25 × 2.25 m|
|Test section length||5.5 m|
|Length||up to 2.0 m|
|Wing span||up to 1.5 m|
Aerodynamic wind tunnel T-109 is a variable density, blowdown, halfclosed layout test facility with a reverse channel, two ejectors and adjusted supersonic diffuser. The flow is generated by compressed air accumulated in bottles with the help of compressors.
The test section is closed and perforated at model location area with square cross section intended for investigations under M ≤ 1.7. Horizontal walls porosity can vary from 0 to 18 %, while vertical walls porosity is from 0 to 65 %.
The wind tunnel is equipped with suspension devices of three types intended for standard tests performance: tail string, strip suspension and side string. Flow operational regimes are enabled by a set of fixed area nozzles and a variable area nozzle (M = 0.4...0.4).
The following investigations can be carried out in T-109:
- Joint investigation of total and distributed aerodynamic characteristics of a model and its components;
- Tests with engine jets simulation (qcons ~ 250 kg/s, cold jet P0 = 300 atm, hot jet P0 = 70 atm, T = 2000 °C) for jet engines characteristics determination;
- Determination of static and dynamic aero elasticity characteristics of the aircraft models, namely flatter, buffeting, divergence, reverse;
- Research of aerodynamic characteristics of cargo-carriage separation, investigation of separation process;
- Simulation of a flow in aircraft armory compartment;
- Measurement of pressure pulsations along aircraft model surface (f = 0...20 kHz);
- Investigation of Re numbers influence on aircraft aerodynamic characteristics;
- Physical research.
- Multiple modular measurement system with standard inference; digital systems of automated control of M, Re, α, β parameters; system of experimental data output in real time mode;
- Compressed air supply systems simulating different types of jet flows;
- Automated suspension units with remote control enabling research of load-aircraft separation process.
All the above-mentioned capabilities of T-109 wind tunnel are widely used for experimental research of various models of aviation, rocket and space engineering products and their structural components.